digg justice
public comments | contact me | home page

WaMu Gave Grandma's Money to Crooks

special announcements

New York Times Reporting on ICT

The article appeared on May 21, 2007.

click here for more info

Friday, March 24, 2006
weekly update
By necessity, I'm putting my campaign to get Grandma's money back into cruise control. But I'm still going to try to update this every week or two until I reach some kind of satisfactory resolution -- especially now that I'm starting to be contacted by people who have ended up on this site via major search engines.

Here's a summary of the responses (or lack of) that I've got from various companies and organization I've contacted in trying to resolve this:

Client Care Relations (1-866-898-7489)
Contacted them just now and simply asked for an update on my Grandma's refund check. Told by David Employee #533 (who I believe is the same person I spoke to last time) that check was cut and mailed on 3/6 and my Grandma should have it no later than Monday. This flatly contradicts what he told me last time so I suspect he is lying through his teeth.

Washington Mutual (1-866-513-9186)
No response yet to my letter.

Assemblywoman Lynn Daucher (website)
No response to email I sent her last week.

National Fraud Information Center (website)
No response to message I sent through their website.

Canadian Competition Bureau (website)
I received the following response on Mar 20:



I have received no further response.