digg justice
public comments | contact me | home page

WaMu Gave Grandma's Money to Crooks

special announcements

New York Times Reporting on ICT

The article appeared on May 21, 2007.

click here for more info

Friday, March 10, 2006
follow-up on compromised Wamu debit cards
The day after I posted this this:

Compromised Wamu Debit Cards?

this story appeared on msnbc.com:

Debit card thieves get around PIN obstacle

From the article:

Several banks have made clear in their announcements that PINs were stolen and used to make fraudulent withdrawals.

I explain in my post the way by which Wamu informed their customers of the breach (they didn't).

The whole article is worth reading, especially if you use a debit (as opposed to credit) card.

Labels:

comments:

slashdot ran a story on the growing debit card fiasco today. my contribution to the discussion:

# 14899870
Post a Comment