digg justice
public comments | contact me | home page

WaMu Gave Grandma's Money to Crooks

special announcements

New York Times Reporting on ICT

The article appeared on May 21, 2007.

click here for more info

Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Why I Don't Bother with State Agencies
On the recommendation of the other state's investigator, I filed a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Affairs:

Here's the summary of my complaint:

Business/Professional Name: Washington Mutual
License Number:
Address (Number and Street): Various
City, State Zip: [Some City], CA 92XXX
Telephone Number: () -
Business / Professional E-mail Address:
Person whom you dealt with:
Online Tracking Number: CU-06-0404145029,
Complaint Description: I was referred to this site by an investigator
with the state of Wisconsin. Rather than repeat my tale here, I will
refer you to the blog I've been keeping that provides both short
summaries and details: http://wamublamesgrandma.blogspot.com/ Please
contact me with questions or advice. Thanks!
Purchase/Incident Date: //
Resolution Wanted: Refund my grandmother's checks
List of Supporting Documents: See blog address above:
Have I filed this complaint before: Yes
Agency Information See blog -- no help yet
Name: Tom Withheld
Address (Number and Street): 1200 Withheld Blvd.
City, State Zip: [Some City], CA 92XXX
Daytime Telephone Number: () -
E-mail Address: wamuonfraud@gmail.com

I was going to list Identity Theft Prevention, but then they're not in California and may not actually exist.

This is the response I received:

A quick scan of the directions for filing a complaint on the website of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency or the Office of Thrift Supervision indicates what a futile task that is. (They don't even offer an online form or email option.)

Thanks, C74. Can you patch me back through to R2D2 now?


Post a Comment

links to this post: