digg justice
public comments | contact me | home page

WaMu Gave Grandma's Money to Crooks

special announcements

New York Times Reporting on ICT

The article appeared on May 21, 2007.

click here for more info

Thursday, March 16, 2006
Letter to AARP
As is probably obvious by this time, I have been making an active effort in my spare time to publicize this site and what happened. Today I wrote AARP through their website:

My grandmother was recently ripped off by some phone scammers. I investigated what happened and have been documenting what happened on my blog. The scammers are scum but what really maddened me was the way in which Washington Mutual (1) exposed my grandmother's checking account and (2) basically blamed her for what happened.

Full details here:

http://wamublamesgrandma.blogspot.com/

I get the feeling many seniors are being victimized by these kinds of scammers thanks to Wamu's check verification policies.

I hope that this can be of some help to your organization and its members.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Tom


It's been about a week since I wrote Washington Mutual. I still have not received any response to my letter.